EdgeConnector seamlessly integrates the management of physical door access into your existing IT-user administration tools, typically based on Microsoft Active Directory, with no need for an additional database.
Enhanced security, easy management & installation
This streamlined approach delivers converged, role-based, physical and logical access decision-making in real-time without complexity. The unification of access control into a common platform simplifies system administration, while the use of existing data network infrastructure makes installation easy.
EdgeConnector is intrinsically scalable; providing access control for a server rack to whole buildings across multiple sites worldwide, and for any number of users.
Enhanced security & compliance
- Remove risk. Rescind unified physical and logical access rights in real-time, without the delays inherent in updating separate databases and control systems.
- Limit sensitive data and application access to secure areas. Each users door interactions identifies their whereabouts, enabling IT system access to be controlled based on their location.
- Exploit the latest card security technologies. Concurrent operation with different card types enables the phased migration to new and more secure card technologies.
- Demonstrate compliance. Audit trail reporting can show each users physical movements and IT system access history combined.
EU GDPR, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, Sarbanes-Oxley, FISMA, HIPAA, ISAE 3402, SSAE 16
- No additional databases. No duplication of user information. No maintenance, synchronisation or administration of separate data.
- Unified role-based security. Add door access rights to existing IT security groups.
- Use existing ID management applications. Immediate integration with any system that uses Active Directory.
- Easy-to-use interface. A secure client application allows day-to-day tasks, such as user and visitor maintenance, to be managed by front-desk staff.
- Fully scalable as standard. Unlimited numbers of users and unlimited numbers of sites, anywhere globally on the WAN.
- Quick set-up. Using the existing user directory and server infrastructure avoids adding and populating new databases.
- Zero cabling. Wireless door locks (with integrated card readers) can be fitted to existing doors and server cabinets with little or no modification. Where wired door controllers are needed, Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) solutions require network cabling only.
- Use existing cards. Compatible with an extensive range of industry standard door access cards and readers.
- Installation choice. Use our trained installers or arrange your own installation, using our comprehensive documentation.