EdgeConnector support and updates
The EdgeConnector software support and maintenance contract entitles you to on-going assistance via email, telephone and remote desktop connection from our offices in the UK and North America. The support contract also entitles you to the latest software updates. New versions add extra features and improvements, often in response to customer suggestions. The main features of the most recent releases are listed below.
Our expert technical staff can help you implement policies, scripts, and other specific configuration settings to get the most out of our integrated physical access control solution. Special requirements can often be catered for using our advanced integration APIs, or through custom development by our software team.
EdgeConnector comes with comprehensive documentation, including example wiring diagrams for door controllers and their connection to a variety of readers, locks and other door security hardware.
If you have any technical questions about EdgeConnector please contact support.
Recent software releases and new features
Version: 3.7.0 – released Dec 2018
- Floor plans can now be used within the EdgeManager client application to present an interactive graphical view of controlled doors and areas. This provides enhanced door status monitoring with the visual display of door states and alerts (such as door forced, door held and tamper alarms), together with a colour-coded door alert window to highlight potential issues.
- Door management features have been extended to allow schedules to be set for door unlocking, enabling regular periods of open-access to public areas, and for specifying scheduled times when PIN pad authentication is also to be required. To simplify the management of door schedules across global installations time-zones can now be assigned to doors.
- Additions to the range of supported IP door control hardware include: ASSA ABLOY Aperio IN100 (North America) and H100 (Europe) wireless locks, the A1601 wired door controller from Axis Communications and the VertX V2000 EVO wired door controller from HID Global – both of these IP networked door controllers can support up to 2 doors.
Version: 3.6.0 – released May 2017
- Axis A1001 door controllers have been added to the hardware supported by EdgeConnector (which includes HID Edge controllers and Assa Abloy Aperio wireless locks). An Axis controller configuration guide is included in the documentation.
- The list of card number formats supported has been extended to include HID10302 (37 bit) and HID Corporate 1000 (35 and 48 bit), in addition to HID10301 (26 bit), HID10304 (37 bit) and “non-format” card numbers (such as UIDs or CSNs). Multiple card formats (and facility codes) can also be supported simultaneously.
- Additional lock alarms and door events from Aperio L100 lock sensors (including notification of unlocking by mechanical key) can now be handled.
Version: 3.5.0 – released Oct 2016
- Multiple network domains within Active Directory forests are now supported.
- Config Wizard enhancements include fast navigation options and easy configuration of Aperio devices with associated door sensors.
- Multiple site-specific configurations of EdgeConnector Manager can now be used in parallel.
- EdgeConnector Manager enhancements include context menu (right click) optional navigation, advanced search and filtering features, plus a user-access scenario testing function.
Version: 3.4.0 – released Feb 2016
- Assa Abloy Aperio wireless hubs and locks have been added to the door control hardware supported by EdgeConnector.
Version: 3.3.0 – released Jan 2015
- Card+PIN functionality has been included to support doors with suitable PIN readers.
- Samsung NVR/Camera integration with video event viewing functionality has been added.